Michigan, USA - Chaldean artist, author, and historian Amer Fatuhi looks to raise funds for the English translation release of his definitive and encyclopedia work titled, The Untold Story of the Native Iraqis / Chaldeans. The book authoritatively documents the cradle of civilization circa 5300 BC until present time. The first edition was written in Arabic and has received rave reviews. Now, Fatuhi hopes to have the 400 page academic study translated into the Franca lingua of the modern world; English.
The diligent author worked two yeas and spent over a quarter of century researching the history of the region. The book illuminates the antiquity of Babylon and the indigenous people of the region next to other well known and obscure ethnic groups. The book's exquisite maps, illustrations, historical documents, and research weave a compelling documentary of Iraq’s long history. Fatuhi captures the struggles of the Jewish people alongside Chaldeans and other Iraqi natives as they move through time.
Dr. Abdul Hadi Al Khalili, America’s cultural Attaché at the Embassy of Iraq gives the book high remarks and considers the work worthy of academic and historical value.
Hoping to release the English translation of his Arabic second edition by the end of 2008, Fatuhi seeks supporting donors. “The world needs to hear the The Untold Story of the Native Iraqis, which has been suppressed for centuries, wiped out from the Iraqi educational system, and the public domain,” says the author.
Fatuhi’s passion for Iraq and its true accounting of its people’s heritage and history has been remarkable. “Professional translation of the Arabic version of my book is expensive,” says Fatuhi. “I would definitely welcome a meeting with a sponsor or benefactor.”
Many Chaldeans agree the book will help bring a better understanding to the political and cultural complexity of the region.
“Chaldeans and other ethnic groups are cornerstones of what is today called Iraq. Our people have not changed. Rather the ground beneath our people have changed. It has changed names, been divided, and stripped of its beauty. That region was a beautiful garden of flowers from all parts of the world. Jews, Christians, and Muslims were all neighbors. There is rising hope that one day the land of civilization will return to that garden oasis,” says Rafid Saffo a Middle Eastern historian teaching in Europe. “Fatuhi’s book is a breath of fresh air. Any gardener will tell you that they must first know what the garden looked like if it is ever to be rescued.”
Fatuhi has already secured the support of publishing companies prepared to mass produce the English version. The only obstacle is the ten thousand dollars needed to professionally translate and edit the text so that it may pass publishing standards.
Fatuhi's passionate plea is driven by what he considers to be the lesson learned of lost civilizations that "The Nation that does not learn about Its history will be Inflicted with degradation and be worn out !"
It is for that reason that the Chaldean Education Center of America has taken up the cause to help fund raise or find venture capitalist and partners willing to help offset the costs. The center located in Hazel Park, Michigan is a 501c3 organization with an educational mission.
The center is asking anyone interested in seeing this project come to fruition to send a tax-deductible contribution to the:
Chaldean Educational Center of America,
C/O Book Translation
PO Box 1011
Hazel Park, MI 48030 USA
As a gesture of their appreciation the center offers donors of a $1,000 or more
1) A letter of Tax-Exemption from the CECA for the contributed amount.
2) Acknowledged sponsorship on the first pages of the book.
3) 10 copies of this vital study valued at about $400.
4) Among the copies five will be autographed by the author.
5) Proclamation of the support in media, Radio & TV, and online announcements.
The book’s table of contents as provided by the Iraqi Artists Association and is listed below for your convenience. For more information about the project please visit www.iraqiartists.org And to learn more about the author visit www.amerfatuhiart.com
Gaining a Better Understanding of IRAQ
CHALDEANS - Kaldaee
SINCE THE EARLY BEGINNING OF TIME
5300 BC - Present
The Untold Story of the Native Iraqis By AMER HANNA FATUHI
A research in the History of Iraq, The Chaldean Ethnicity & Other Iraqi Locals
Methodology of Research
Preface... What is the Ethnicity?
Part I: Chaldeans… Since The Early Beginning of Time
2. Native Mesopotamians
3. The Origin of the old Names, Between the Ethnicity and Territory
4. Another Horizon .. Semitics, Islanders, Arabs or Chaldeans?
5. The Most Popular Chaldean Kings
6. Sharru-Kin/Sargon the Great (2334-2279 BC)
7. The First Ever Known Emperor in History
a. Hammurabi (1792-1750 BC)
b. King of Justice, The Re-Unifier of Mesopotamia
8. The Chaldean Revolutionist King .. Mardukh Apla Edina (721-710 also 703 BC)
a. The Symbol of the Chaldean Resistance
9. Nebuchadnezzar II (604-562 BC)
a. The Miracles Maker .. The Sun King
10. Nabonidus (555-539 BC)
a. The Dreamer King, The Puzzling King
11. Babylon .. City of All Cities .. A Golden Cup in the Hand of the LORD
12. The Hanging Garden & the Tower of Babylon 13. The Curse of Babylon
14. Babylon and Jews in History
Part II: Relishing the Illusion
1. The Alien Asian God “Assur”
2. The big Difference between Assyrians Subarians, Assyrians Amorites and Chaldeans of The Mountains “Athurians”
a. Fallacies Corrections
b. Fabricated Claims and Fallacies:
c. Claiming that, Chaldeans Are Members of a Rite Only?
d. Claiming that, There Are No Connection Between The Ancient And Modern Chaldeans While The Recent Athurians Are Assyrians Of The Past!
e. Claiming that, Chaldeans Were Not a Nation But Only Sorcerers And Fortune-tellers
f. Claiming that, Chaldeans Ruled Mesopotamia For a Period Of Time No More Than Three Fourth Of a Century
g. Claiming that, The Inhabitants Of The Christians Villages Of Northern Iraq (Dashta & Tura) Are Assyrians Not Chaldeans
h. Claiming that, Chaldeans Extinct After Moslems Conquered Mesopotamia
i. Claiming that, The Accomplishments Of The Assyrian Army Were Ethnic Achievements
j. Claiming that, Shummur amat/Semeramis “Shammerm” Was Ethnically Assyrian
k. Claiming that, Old Testament Is Valid As History Book and Scientific Evidence
l. Claiming that, Archaeologists Created The Term Assyriology To Represent The Mesopotamian History
m. Claiming that, Using The Term Assyrian Language Proves That, Recent Athurians Are Ethnic Group
n. Claiming that, Northern Iraq Has Been Called Assyria Since Pre- Dynasties Period
o. Claiming that, Assyria Is The Origin of The Term Syriac
p. Claiming that, It Is Impossible to Know Whether Babylonia Or Assyria is The Mainspring of Surth Speakers
3. The Chaldean Blood Shed on The Cross To Redeem The Human beings
4. The Dynastic History of Assur/Shubaru Region & Refuting The Assyrian Illusion
5. Conclusion.. The Contradiction of the Dual Name Kaldu-Ashur
Part III: Connecting The Dots.
I- Important Spotlights and Annexes
1. The Legitimacy of Royalty In Ancient Iraq Between Babylon And Assur
2. The Surth Writing .. Aramaic System or Chaldean Alap Beth?
3. The Directions in the Local Iraqi Mentality (The Terms Of East And West In Iraqi Everyday Language)
4. The Iraqi Desert as a Path for All The Immigration Waves To Babylonia
5. Are Ma'arwaia and A'arwaia Symbolize Arab and Arabian? (NEW)
6. Assyrian Year or Chaldean Babylonian Year?
7. From One Forgery to Another
II- The Cultured View In Ancient Iraq
1. Visual Arts and Architectures
2. Chaldean Babylonian Fashions
3. Mesopotamian Music and Its Babylonian Roots
4. Arts/Literature and Myths of Ancient Iraq
5. Medicine And General Health
6. Science/Math - Calculus, Engineering, Astrology-Astronomy and The Numeric Table
7. The Chronology - Calendar In Ancient Iraq
8. Politics and Religion in Ancient Iraq
9. Additional Details about Divinities of Ancient Iraq
10. Jinns, Devils, Demons, Ghouls and Afreets
III - Appendix
1. Chaldeans Since The Early Beginning Of Time .. Chaldean Chronology
2. Chaldean Ethnic and National Holidays
3. Akitu... Chaldean Babylonian New Year Festival
4. Chaldean Flag, From A To Z
5. Is The Chaldean Star Fourfold Or Eightfold?
6. The Date-Palm, The Sacred Babylonian Tree Of Life
7. The Mesopotamian Origins For The Religious Symbols Of All Three Major Religions
8. The Chaldean Map of The Globe, The Oldest Ever known Map
9. Baghdadian House Or Babylonian?
THE LAND OF FIRSTS
1. The Babybylonian Battery:
2. The Chaldean Sundial “Magnetic Polar”:
3. The Wheel and Potter's Wheel from Kish:
4. The Digital Calculator:
5. The Babylonian Guffa and Kellck:
6. The Royal Game of UR:
7. The Building Rites and Deposits:
8. Beer, Wine and Liquor Since Eridu Period:
9. Banking and Currency:
10. The Time:
11. Weights and Scales:
12. Length and Distance:
1. Christians In Iraq Pre-Islamic Invasion To The Modern Time
2. Mesopotamian Chronology 100.000 BC - 2004 AD
Mesopotamian Dynasties History
1. Pre-Diluvian Dynasties “Kingship Chart”
2. Post-Diluvian Dynasties / I-XX
3. Important Dynasties not Included within “Kingship Chart”
4. Babylonian Dynasties From Meshalim 2550 BC
5. Till Chaldean Uprising Kings 522-482 BC
6. Meshalim 2550 BC - End of Akkadian Empire 2154 BC
7. Old Babylonian Dynasties "Isin, Larsa and Eshnunna"
8. Babylonian Dynasties I-XI and Revolution Period
9. Occupation Period I/539 BC - 750 AD
10. Achaemenids 539-331 BC:
11. Macedonians 331-703 BC:
12. Seleucids 311-139 BC - 125 BC:
13. Parthians 125-224 BC:
14. Sassanids 224-637 BC:
15. Al-Khulafa Ur-Rashidun 637-661 BC
16. Umayyad Caliphs 661-750
17. Abbasid Caliphs of Baghdad 750-1258 AD
18. Abbasids I 750-847 AD
19. Abbasids II 847-944 AD
20. Abbasids III 944-1031 AD
21. Abbasids IV 1031-1136 AD
22. Abbasids V 1136-1258 AD
23. Occupation Period I/539 BC - 750 AD
24. Mongols 1258-1411 AD
25. Ilkhanate Mongols 1258-1338 AD
26. Jalayirid Mongols 1338-1411 AD
27. Turkomans 1411-1508 AD
28. Qara Qoyunlu 1411-1468 AD
29. Aq Qoyunlu 1469-1508 AD
30. Safavid 1508-1523 AD
31. Ottomans Empire 1534-1917 AD
32. Iraq Modern History 1917-2004 AD
33. Britsh Occupation and the Mandatory Regime 1917-1921 AD
34. Iraq Independence and Iraq Hashimaite Kingdom
35. The First Republic - Iraq I 1958-2003 AD
36. USA & G. Britain/The Coalition Provisional Authority
37. The Second Republic - Iraq II 2004 AD-Present
Appendix, Maps, Charts and Illustrations
1. Atlas of Mesopotamia 100.000 BC - 2004 AD
2. Mesopotamia - The Ancient Natural Borders, Map
3. Mesopotamia/Pre-historic & Early historic Sites, Map
4. The First Ever Known Empire 2334-2154 BC, Map
5. The Last Chaldean Empire 625-539 BC, Map
6. The Map of Modern Iraq after the big losses of the national borders 1921/1925/1936
7. Charts & Illustrations
8. The Tower of Babylon/Ziqqurratu Plan as a Weekdays Calendar - Illustration
9. The Schematic map of ancient Babylon, Illustration
10. The Mythical Cosmology "Cosmological Idea" of Ancient Iraq - Illustration
11. From Pictograph To Chaldean Alphabetic - Chart
12. National Chaldean Babylonian Symbols, Illustration
13. Babylonian Gods & Goddesses' Symbols, Illustration
14. Chaldean Alphabet, Chart
15. References/Arabic, English and Chaldean
Recommended Further Reading in English
About the Author