Announce your event, activity, or meeting by e-mailing email@example.com
Chaldeans are reminded that staying healthy during the summer months requires more than just eating the right foods. Dr. Saad Manni offers this partial list of things Chaldeans can do that will help keep them cool and healthy during the hot summer months.
1. Chaldeans need to drink plenty of water. It is very important to drink water. Your body needs water to prevent dehydration during warm summer days. Take special care to make sure infants and toddlers drink enough water. They can become dehydrated much more easily than adults. Since newborns and infants are limited to the types of water they can drink, if possible breastfeed. Breast milk contains all the nutrients and hydration needs a infant or newborn requires.
2. Chaldeans with asthma or other respiratory problems should keep a watch on the daily air quality reports. Also, don't forget to take your inhaler or other medication with you when you go out.
3. Take a rest or nap. Don't push yourself beyond your physical limits.
4. Wear Sunscreen. Sunburn is painful and unhealthy. Use a sunscreen that is right for your skin.
5. Stay Cool. Wear light, loose-fitting clothing to help you stay cooler.
6. Wear Sunglasses. Sunglasses protect your eyes from the sun's UV rays.
7. Maintain your energy level by limiting your intake of fat and sugar; focus on carbohydrates, fruits and vegetables.
8. Chaldeans enjoying the outdoors should pack a first-aid kit. Be sure to include calamine lotion and baking soda that will help with itchy or painful insect bites.
9. If you have allergies and plan to be traveling/vacationing, find out which plants will be pollinating in your vacation spot
10. Know your body. If you are feeling ill, see a doctor. An average of 400 people die each year in the United States due to extreme heat.